Other highly skilled positions in the top 15 include business development manager, heavy-duty mechanic, electrical engineer, financial advisor and registered nurse.
Jobs in-demand considered lower-skilled include driver, receptionist and general labourer. It is important to point out the positions mention here are Canada-wide. Each of Canada’s provinces and communities have their own labour shortages in a wide variety of positions.
Top 15 In-Demand Canada Jobs For 2020:
1. Sales associate Sale associates and sales representatives are crucial, both in terms of selling to the consumer and selling to other businesses. Average salary: $50,255 NOC Code: 6411
2. Driver Commercial drivers of all kinds are in-demand in Canada, from long-haul truck drivers to forklift drivers. Those with the proper licences should find employment easily. Average salary: $44,836 NOC Code(s): 7511, 7521, 7452
3. Receptionist Receptionists are in demand as the first face customers see of any business, making the role of vital importance. Customer service and tech skills are required in this position. Average salary: $31,304 NOC Code: 1414
4. Welder Welders are Canada’s most in-demand skilled trade. This field is well worth considering if you are someone who likes working with their hands. Average salary: $40,927 NOC Code: 7327
5. Web Developer Web developers are experts in code, building everything from computer programs to apps on your phone. With Canada’s Global Talent Stream offering two-week processing, web developers have a sure pathway to a Canada work permit. Average salary: $62,522 NOC Code: 2175
6. Business development manager Business development managers have the crucial job of bringing in new customers themselves, as well as helping sales staff close deals. Average salary: $85,000 NOC Code: 4163
7. General labourer General labourers are in demand all over Canada. They clean, move materials and equipment, plus take on physically demanding jobs. Average salary: $29,250 NOC Code: 7611
8. Project manager Project managers are needed in a range of sectors, including IT and marketing. Those with the required PMP certification are particularly in demand. Average salary: $90,000 NOC codes: 0211, 0213, 0711, 1221
9. Heavy-duty mechanic Heavy-duty mechanics work with large machinery in maintenance and repair. Sectors include energy and manufacturing, central to Canada’s economy. Average salary: $70,000 NOC Code: 7312
10. Merchandiser Merchandisers work for retail store deciding which new stock to bring in and how it should be presented on the shop floor. Average salary: $48,610 NOC Code: 6222 11. Electrical engineer Anything that has electricity running through it was at one time in the hands of an electrical engineers. An important role in a modern economy. Average salary: $77,424 NOC Code: 2133
12. Accountant Any list of in-demand jobs is always likely to feature accountants. The number crunchers who can help a business thrive, and come into their own during tax season. Average salary: $57,500 NOC code: 0111, 1111
13. HR manager Human resources managers are another in-demand Canada job. They have responsibility for recruiting the right talent in Canada’s tight job market. Average salary: $77,900 NOC Code: 0112 14. Financial advisor Financial advisors work with families and individuals on how to make their money do everything they need it to. Average salary: $57,410 NOC code: 0111, 1114
15. Registered nurse Canada’s public health service relies on nurses to survive. It also has an ageing population, making registered nurses a crucial role in providing care. Average salary: $76,362 NOC code: 3012